How to round number up or down in Excel?
If you have a list of decimal data, and you want to round these numbers down or up and keep one decimal only, how can you quickly solve it? Now this tutorial is talking about the tricks to flexibly round numbers up or down in Excel.
Enable you to do smarter, faster and better
In Excel, you can use the ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN formulas to round the numbers up or down.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance working efficiency and save working time.|
Select a cell next to the data, and type this formula =ROUNDUP(A2,1) (A2 is the data cell you need to round up), and drag the fill handle to the cells you need. See screenshots:
Then go the another cell and type this formula =ROUNDDOWN(A2,1), and drag fill handle to apply this formula to cells.
In above formulas, 1 indicates keeping one decimal, you can change it as you need, and if you want to round number up or down to whole number, you can use formulas =ROUNDUP(A2,0) or =ROUNDDOWN(A2,0).
Maybe some of you do not like to remember formulas, next part I will introduce a Round utility for you to easily round number up or down.
With the Round utility of Kutools for Excel, you do not need to remember any formulas, but just need to click and specify the kept decimal places.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the decimal data, and click Kutools > Round. See screenshot:
2. In the Round without Formula dialog, type the decimal places in the textbox next to Decimal place, and check Rounding up option or Rounding down option to meet your need. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply. Now the data is rounded down or up. See screenshots:
Tip: You’d better copy original data before applying this utility.
|If you are interested in this addi-in, click here to download the 60-days free trial.|
- Round date to nearest month in Excel
- Round date to previous or next Sunday in Excel
- Round data to nearest 5/10/50 in Excel
- Round and sum data with one formula in Excel