How to round number up or down in Excel?
If you have a list of decimal data, and you want to round these numbers down or up and keep one decimal only, how can you quickly solve it? Now this tutorial is talking about the tricks to flexibly round numbers up or down in Excel.
In Excel, you can use the ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN formulas to round the numbers up or down.
Select a cell next to the data, and type this formula =ROUNDUP(A2,1) (A2 is the data cell you need to round up), and drag the fill handle to the cells you need. See screenshots:
Then go the another cell and type this formula =ROUNDDOWN(A2,1), and drag fill handle to apply this formula to cells.
In above formulas, 1 indicates keeping one decimal, you can change it as you need, and if you want to round number up or down to whole number, you can use formulas =ROUNDUP(A2,0) or =ROUNDDOWN(A2,0).
Maybe some of you do not like to remember formulas, next part I will introduce a Round utility for you to easily round number up or down.
With the Round utility of Kutools for Excel, you do not need to remember any formulas, but just need to click and specify the kept decimal places.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the decimal data, and click Kutools > Round. See screenshot:
2. In the Round without Formula dialog, type the decimal places in the textbox next to Decimal place, and check Rounding up option or Rounding down option to meet your need. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply. Now the data is rounded down or up. See screenshots:
Tip: You’d better copy original data before applying this utility.
- Round date to nearest month in Excel
- Round date to previous or next Sunday in Excel
- Round data to nearest 5/10/50 in Excel
- Round and sum data with one formula in Excel
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!