How to save or convert charts as GIF images in Excel?
uppose you have multiple charts in a workbook and you want to convert or save these charts as GIF images, this tutorial can do you a favor. In this article, I will introduce the trick to save charts as GIF images in Excel.
Export Range as Graphic
|Kutools' Export Range as Graphic is aim to save or export a selection cells as multiple graphic formats.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, there is no direct way that can help you convert charts to GIF. But you can use Paint tool or Microsoft Word to do a favor.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance working efficiency and save working time.|
Save chart as GIF with Paint
1. Select the chart you need to save as GIF, anc press Ctrl + C to copy it, then click Start > Windows Accessories > Paint to enable Paint. See screenshot:
2. Then press Ctrl + V to paste the chart into Paint, see screenshot:
Note: if necessary, you can keep selecting the pasted chart in the Paint tool, and click Home > Crop to resize the new image as big as orginal chart.
3. Then click File > Save As > GIF picture, and in the poping dialog, select a folder to save the image, and type name into File name box. See screenshots:
Export Range to File
|Kutools for Excel's Export Range to File function can export or save a range to separate file as
workbook, pdf, text, csv or text.
|Click Enterprise > Import/Export > Export Range to File.|
4. Click Save, then a dialog pops out to remind you the picture quality might be reduced, just click OK.
Now the selected chart has been saved as GIF image.
Save chart as GIF image with Word.
1. Select the chart needed to be converted as GIF, and press Ctrl + C to copy it.
2. Then toggle to Word, and click Home > Paste > Paste Special. Then in the Paste Special dialog, select Picture(GIF). See screenshots:
3. Click OK. Then the chart has been converted as GIF image. And you can click at it and right click to select Save as Picture to save it at a folder.
Note: In Word 2007, there is no Save as Picture command in the right-clicking menu.
But with these methods, you only can save charts as GIF one by one. What a waste of time if there are dozens of charts needed to conveted! But with next method, this problem will be solved easilly.
Here is a feature called Export Graphics in Kutools for Excel can help you quickly export one chart or multiple charts as GIF to a folder.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please follow below steps to export charts.
1. Open the workbook you want to export the charts, and click Enterprise > Import/Export > Export Graphics. See screenshot:
2. In The Export Graphics dialog, you can select the types from Types drop down list, and check the charts you want to export, and specify the Save directory and select GIF from Export format list. See screenshot.
3. Click Ok, and a dialog pops out to remind you the number of exported graphics, just click OK to close it. See screenshot:
Then the selected charts have been exported in the save directory.
With Export Graphics, you also can export pictures only, export shapes only or export all types as TIF, JPEG, or PNG. Click here to free install it.
|If you are interested in this addi-in, click here to download the 60-days free trial.|