How to quickly create multiple sheets with same format in Excel?
For example, you have created a sheet with a specific formatting, and now you want to create multiple sheets with the same format as this sheet, how could you quickly solve this task in Excel? This tutorial is talking about methods to create multiple sheets with same format.
In Excel, you can use the Move or Copy command to create a sheet with same format as the sheet you select.
1. Click at the sheet which is with the format you need on the Sheet Tab bar, and right click to select Move or Copy from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. Then in the popping dialog, check Create a copy option. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. A new sheet is created with same format in the front of the selected sheet. See screenshot:
(1) You also can click Home > Format > Move or Copy Sheet to enable the Move or Copy dialog.
(2) With this method will be time-consuming when you need to create hundreds of sheets with same format.
There is a VBA code can help you quickly create multiple sheets with same format at once.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, then click Insert > Module, copy and paste below code to the Module window.
VBA: Create sheets with same format.
Sub CopyWorkSheets() 'Updateby20150526 Dim xNumber As Integer Dim xWsName As String On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" xWsName = Application.InputBox("Copy worksheet name", xTitleId, , Type:=2) xNumber = Application.InputBox("Copy number", xTitleId, , Type:=1) For i = 1 To xNumber Application.ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(xWsName).Copy _ After:=Application.ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(xWsName) Next End Sub
2. Press F5 key to run the VBA code, then a dialog pops out for you to type the worksheet name you need to copy its format.
3. Click OK, and specify the number of copies you need into another popping dialog. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. Then there are six copies of worksheets with the same format created.
If you do not like to use VBA, here I introduce you a handy tool – Kutools for Excel, you can use its Copy Worksheets utility to quickly and easily create sheets with same format.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Click Kutools Plus > Worksheet > Copy Worksheets. See screenshot:
2. In the Copy Multiple Worksheets dialog, do as below:
(1) Check the worksheet name you want to copy its format from the list box of Copy the selected worksheets;
(2) Specify the number of the copies;
(3) Specify the place you want to put the copies.
3. Click Ok, a dialog pops out to remind you the copies are successfully created. Click OK to close it.
Now you can see the specified number of sheets have been created with same format.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!