How to resize an existing named range in Excel?
For an existing named range, you may need to resize or expand it to include more columns and rows. In this article, we will show you three methods to resize an existing named range in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
Please do as follows to resize an existing named range with Name Manager function in Excel.
1. Click Formulas > Name Manager. See screenshot:
2. In the Name Manager dialog box, select the range name you want to resize it, and then click the button.
3. In the Name Manager – Refers to box, select a new range for this range name, and then close this box.
4. When it returns to the Name Manager dialog box, click the button to save the new range, and finally click the Close button to close the dialog box. See screenshot:
You can see the specified named range is resized immediately.
Besides the above method, VBA code also can help you to resize a specified named range.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window, click Insert > Module.
3. Paste below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA: Resize named range
Sub ResizeNamedRange() Dim xWb As Workbook Dim xNameString As String Dim xName As Name Set xWb = Application.ActiveWorkbook xNameString = Application.InputBox("Name :", xTitleId, "", Type: = 2) Set xName = xWb.Names.Item(xNameString) With xName .RefersTo = .RefersToRange.Resize(10, 6) End With End Sub
1. “10, 6” in this line .RefersTo = .RefersToRange.Resize(10, 6) means that the specified named range will be resized to have 10 rows and 6 columns.
2. Please change these variables as you need.
4. After changing the variables, press the F5 key to run the code. In the popping up dialog box, enter the range name you want to resize into the Name box, and then click the OK button.
Then the named range is resized immediately with the conditions you specified.
All range names are listed in the Navigation Pane of Kutools for Excel. And you can easily resize them in the Navigation Pane.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. After installing Kutools for Excel, the Navigation Pane is displayed on the left side of Excel by default. Please click the Name manager button, select a range name you want to resize, and then click the button.
2. In the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, select a new range for this range name, and then click the OK button.
3. Then click the button in Navigation Pane to finish the setting.
Note: If you cannot see the Navigation Pane, please click Kutools > Navigation to enable it.
The Navigation Pane of Kutools for Excel is a powerful utility, with it, you can not only resize named range easily, but also create auto text for future use, easily shift between workbooks and worksheets and so on.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...