How to count number of cells greater or less than 0 (zero) in Excel?
If you want to count number of cells with values greater or less than zero in a range, what can you do? In this article, we will show you methods of counting number of cells greater or less than zero in Excel.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can count number of cells greater or less than zero with formulas as follows.
Count cells greater than zero
1. Select a blank cell, enter formula =COUNTIF(A1:C7,">0") into the Formula Bar, then press the Enter key.
Then the selected cell will be populated with number of cells greater than zero.
Count cells less than zero
The same as the above operation, for counting cells less than zero, please use this formula =COUNTIF(A1:C7,"<0")
Note: Please change the cell reference in the formula as you need.
If you want to count the number of cells greater or less than zero and select them at the same time, the Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can help you.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the range you want to count number of cells greater or less than zero. Then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select Cell option in the Selection type section. In the Specific type section, select Greater than or Less than in the drop-down list, enter the number 0 into the following box, and then click the OK button.
3. Then another Select Specific Cells dialog box pops up to show you how many cells greater or less than zero were found. Click the OK button, all these cells are selected immediately.
- How to count number of cells with nonzero values in Excel?
- How to count if cell contains text or part of text in Excel?
- How to count cells with specific text in Excel？
- How to count unique values excluding duplicates in Excel?