How to count number of cells greater or less than 0 (zero) in Excel?
If you want to count number of cells with values greater or less than zero in a range, what can you do? In this article, we will show you methods of counting number of cells greater or less than zero in Excel.
You can count number of cells greater or less than zero with formulas as follows.
Count cells greater than zero
1. Select a blank cell, enter formula =COUNTIF(A1:C7,">0") into the Formula Bar, then press the Enter key.
Then the selected cell will be populated with number of cells greater than zero.
Count cells less than zero
The same as the above operation, for counting cells less than zero, please use this formula =COUNTIF(A1:C7,"<0")
Note: Please change the cell reference in the formula as you need.
Besides formulas, here introduce the Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can not only count number of cells that are greater or less than zero, but also select them after counting. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range you want to count number of cells greater or less than zero. Then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select Cell option in the Selection type section. In the Specific type section, select Greater than or Less than in the drop-down list, enter the number 0 into the following box, and then click the OK button.
3. Then another Select Specific Cells dialog box pops up to show you how many cells greater or less than zero were found. Click the OK button, all these cells are selected immediately.
- How to count number of cells with nonzero values in Excel?
- How to count if cell contains text or part of text in Excel?
- How to count cells with specific text in Excel？
- How to count unique values excluding duplicates in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!