How to save, export multiple/all sheets to separate csv or text files in Excel?
When using Excel, you can manually save a worksheet as a csv or text file by using the Save As function. However, to convert multiple or all worksheets in a workbook to separated csv or text files, how can you do? In this article, we will show you methods to save or convert multiple or all sheets to separated csv or text files.
With the below VBA codes, you can save all worksheets in a workbook to separated csv or text files. Please do as follows.
Export or convert all sheets to csv files
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the following code into the Module window.
VBA code: Export all sheets to separated csv files
Sub ExportSheetsToCSV() Dim xWs As Worksheet Dim xcsvFile As String For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets xWs.Copy xcsvFile = CurDir & "\" & xWs.Name & ".csv" Application.ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename: = xcsvFile, _ FileFormat: = xlCSV, CreateBackup: = False Application.ActiveWorkbook.Saved = True Application.ActiveWorkbook.Close Next End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. You will see all exported csv files are located on the Documents folder. See screenshot:
Export or convert all sheets to Text files
The following code can help you to export or convert all sheets in workbook to separated Text files.
VBA code: Export all sheets to separated Text files
Sub ExportSheetsToText() Dim xWs As Worksheet Dim xTextFile As String For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets xWs.Copy xTextFile = CurDir & "\" & xWs.Name & ".txt" Application.ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename: = xTextFile, FileFormat: = xlText Application.ActiveWorkbook.Saved = True Application.ActiveWorkbook.Close Next End Sub
The exported Text files are also located on the Documents folder. See screenshot:
You can quickly export or convert multiple or all sheets to individual csv files, text files or xls files format in Excel with the Split Workbook utility of Kutools for Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Click Kutools Plus > Workbook > Split Workbook. See screenshot:
2. In the Split Workbook dialog box:
- 1). If you want to convert all sheets to csv or text files, just keep all sheet names checked in the Worksheet name box; If you just want to convert multiple sheets, keep checking them and going to uncheck other sheets you don’t want to convert.
- 2). In the Options section, check the Save as type box and then select Unicode Text(*.txt) or CSV (Macintosh)(*.csv) from the drop-down list.
- 3). Click the Split button.
3. In the Browse For Folder dialog box, specify a folder to save the exported files, and then click the OK button.
Now all sheets or specified sheets are converted to separated csv or text files, and locate on the folder as you specified above.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)