How to find largest negative value (less than 0) in Excel?
To find the largest value from a range is very easy for most of Excel users, but how about finding the largest negative value (less than 0) from a data range which is mixed with negative and positive values? Here I introduce an array formula and a handy tool to help you find the largest value which must be less than 0 in Excel.
Select a blank cell and type this formula =MAX(IF( A1:E10<0, A1:E10)) into it, and then press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys to get out the largest negative value from the data range.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can use the Select Specific Cells utility and Select Cells with Max & Min Cells utility to find and highlight the minimum negative value from the data range.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
Note: You had better save a copy of your data before following the steps.
1. Select the data range and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog, check Cell option under Select type section, then select Greater than from the list under Specific type section, and type 0 into next text box. And click Ok > OK to close dialogs. Now all positive cells are selected.
3. Then press Delete key to delete the positive values. See screenshot:
4. Click Kutools > Select > Select Cells with Max & Min Value . See screenshot:
5. In the poppsing dialog, you can specify the options as you need. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!