How to find largest negative value (less than 0) in Excel?
To find the largest value from a range is very easy for most of Excel users, but how about finding the largest negative value (less than 0) from a data range which is mixed with negative and positive values? Here I introduce an array formula and a handy tool to help you find the largest value which must be less than 0 in Excel.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
|Never need to worry about long long formulas in Excel anymore! Kutools for Excel's Auto Text can add all formulas to a group
as auto text, and liberate your brain! Click here to know Auto Text Click here to get free trial
Select a blank cell and type this formula =MAX(IF( A1:E10<0, A1:E10)) into it, and then press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys to get out the largest negative value from the data range.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can use the Select Specific Cells utility and Select Cells with Max & Min Cells utility to find and highlight the minimum negative value from the data range.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
Note: You had better save a copy of your data before following the steps.
1. Select the data range and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog, check Cell option under Select type section, then select Greater than from the list under Specific type section, and type 0 into next text box. And click Ok > OK to close dialogs. Now all positive cells are selected.
3. Then press Delete key to delete the positive values. See screenshot:
4. Click Kutools > Select > Select Cells with Max & Min Value . See screenshot:
5. In the poppsing dialog, you can specify the options as you need. See screenshot:
|Kutools for Excel: 300 + functions you must have in Excel, 60-day free trial from here|