How to find largest negative value (less than 0) in Excel?
To find the largest value from a range is very easy for most of Excel users, but how about finding the largest negative value (less than 0) from a data range which is mixed with negative and positive values? Here I introduce an array formula and a handy tool to help you find the largest value which must be less than 0 in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
|Never need to worry about long long formulas in Excel anymore! Kutools for Excel's Auto Text can add all formulas to a group
as auto text, and liberate your brain! Click here to know Auto Text Click here to get free trial
Select a blank cell and type this formula =MAX(IF( A1:E10<0, A1:E10)) into it, and then press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys to get out the largest negative value from the data range.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can use the Select Specific Cells utility and Select Cells with Max & Min Cells utility to find and highlight the minimum negative value from the data range.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
Note: You had better save a copy of your data before following the steps.
1. Select the data range and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog, check Cell option under Select type section, then select Greater than from the list under Specific type section, and type 0 into next text box. And click Ok > OK to close dialogs. Now all positive cells are selected.
3. Then press Delete key to delete the positive values. See screenshot:
4. Click Kutools > Select > Select Cells with Max & Min Value . See screenshot:
5. In the poppsing dialog, you can specify the options as you need. See screenshot:
|Kutools for Excel: 300 + functions you must have in Excel, 60-day free trial from here|