How to find largest negative value (less than 0) in Excel?
To find the largest value from a range is very easy for most of Excel users, but how about finding the largest negative value (less than 0) from a data range which is mixed with negative and positive values? Here I introduce an array formula and a handy tool to help you find the largest value which must be less than 0 in Excel.
Select a blank cell and type this formula =MAX(IF( A1:E10<0, A1:E10)) into it, and then press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys to get out the largest negative value from the data range.
Find maximum/minimum negative value with Kutools for Excel
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can use the Select Specific Cells utility and Select Cells with Max & Min Cells utility to find and highlight the minimum negative value from the data range.
Note: You had better save a copy of your data before following the steps.
1. Select the data range and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog, check Cell option under Select type section, then select Greater than from the list under Specific type section, and type 0 into next text box. And click Ok > OK to close dialogs. Now all positive cells are selected.
3. Then press Delete key to delete the positive values. See screenshot:
4. Click Kutools > Select > Select Cells with Max & Min Value . See screenshot:
5. In the poppsing dialog, you can specify the options as you need. See screenshot:
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.