How to find smallest positive value (greater than 0) in Excel?
Suppose you have a range of data including positive and negative values, and here I will introduce some ways to find smallest positive value (which is greater than 0) in Excel.
Select Specific Cells (select cells/row/columns based on one ore two criteria.)
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
|Never need to worry about long long formulas in Excel anymore! Kutools for Excel's Auto Text can add all formulas to a group
as auto text, and liberate your brain! Click here to know Auto Text Click here to get free trial
In Excel, you can use the array formula to find the smallest positive values.
Select a blank cell and type this formula =MIN(IF(A1:E10>0,A1:E10)) into it, and type Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys to get the smallest positive value in the specified data range.
Tip: In the formula, A1:E10 is the data range you want to find smallest positive value from.
If you are not good at remembering formulas, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Select Specific Cells utility and Select Cells with Max & Min Value utility to find and select the minimum positive value.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the data range, and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Select Specific Cells dialog, check Cell under Selection type section, select Less than under Specific type section, and type 0 into the next box. Click Ok > OK to close dialog. Then all negative numbers are selected. see below screen shots:
3. Press Delete key to remove all selected negative values. See screenshot:
4. Then select the positive values and click Kutools > Select > Select Cells with Max & Max Value. See screenshot:
5. Then in the Select Cells With Max & Min dialog, select the cell type you want to look in, and check Minimum value option, and select to find all cells or only the first appearing one. Then click Ok. See screenshot:
With Select Specific Cells utility, you can select entire rows or columns based on specific values. Click here to know more about Select Specific Cells.
With Select Cells with Max & Min Value, you can select the min value or max value in the formula cells, value cells or both formula and value cells, and you can select the first appear cell or all the minimum or maximum cells. Click here to know more about Kutools for Excel’s Select Cells with Max & Min Value.
Change Sige of Vlaues (quickly change negative to positive values, or vice versa...)