How to find smallest positive value (greater than 0) in Excel?
Suppose you have a range of data including positive and negative values, and here I will introduce some ways to find smallest positive value (which is greater than 0) in Excel.
In Excel, you can use the array formula to find the smallest positive values.
Select a blank cell and type this formula =MIN(IF(A1:E10>0,A1:E10)) into it, and type Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys to get the smallest positive value in the specified data range.
Tip: In the formula, A1:E10 is the data range you want to find smallest positive value from.
If you are not good at remembering formulas, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Select Specific Cells utility and Select Cells with Max & Min Value utility to find and select the minimum positive value.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the data range, and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Select Specific Cells dialog, check Cell under Selection type section, select Less than under Specific type section, and type 0 into the next box. Click Ok > OK to close dialog. Then all negative numbers are selected. see below screen shots:
3. Press Delete key to remove all selected negative values. See screenshot:
4. Then select the positive values and click Kutools > Select > Select Cells with Max & Max Value. See screenshot:
5. Then in the Select Cells With Max & Min dialog, select the cell type you want to look in, and check Minimum value option, and select to find all cells or only the first appearing one. Then click Ok. See screenshot:
With Select Specific Cells utility, you can select entire rows or columns based on specific values. Click here to know more about Select Specific Cells.
With Select Cells with Max & Min Value, you can select the min value or max value in the formula cells, value cells or both formula and value cells, and you can select the first appear cell or all the minimum or maximum cells. Click here to know more about Kutools for Excel’s Select Cells with Max & Min Value.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHow do you take min for a few numbers within one cell rather than a range