How to combine multiple cells with leading zeros into a cell in Excel?
In this tutorial, I am going to talk about combining multiple cells with leading zeros into a cell and keeping the leading zeros in Excel as below screenshot shown. If you have some interest in this task, please read the below details.
Recommended Productivity Tools by Us
In Excel, fortunately, you can use the CONCATRNATE function to combine cells and keep the leading zeros.
Select a blank cell, and type this formula =CONCATENATE(A1, B1,C1), press Enter key, then you can drag the autofill handle to fill this formula to the range you need.
1. You also can use this formula =A1&B1&C1 to combine cells and keep the leading zeros.
2. If you want to combine the cells and separate them by space, you can use this formula =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1," ",C1) or this formula =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1.
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can quickly combine cells without losing data by columns, rows or to combine multiple cells into one by Combine function.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the data range you need to combine, and click Kutools > Combine. See screenshot:
2. Then in the popping dialog, do as below:
(1) Under To combine selected cells according to following options, select the option you need to combine cells based on.
(2) Then you can specify a separator to separate the combined data, here I select Nothing.
(3) Decide where to place the result, you can select Left cell or Right cell.
(4) Under Options section, you can specify the operation on combined cells.
3. Click Ok or Apply. Now you can see the results:
Combine into single cell
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...