How to insert multiple pictures into cell in Excel?
Have you ever tried to insert a picture into a cell? Here this tutorial is talking about two methods to insert multiple pictures into separated cells in Excel. One is the normal way to insert pictures into cells one by one, the other is an advanced way to batch insert pictures into cells and fit the cell size.
Insert picture into cell one by one
Batch insert pictures and fit the cell size
Insert pictures into cells one by one
In Excel, if you want to insert pictures into cells, you only can insert them one by one manually.
1. Select a cell and click Insert > Picture, then go to the picture folder to select a picture you need to insert into the cell. See screenshot:
2. Then click Insert to insert the picture. Now you need to resize the picture to fit the cell size. See screenshot:
3. Then right click at the picture to select Format Picture from the context menu. See screenshot:
4. In the Format Picture dialog, click Properties tab and check Move and size with cells. Then click Close. See screenshot:
Now you need to repeat above steps to insert pictures into cells one by one.
Tip: In Excel 2007, you can find out the Move and size with cells optio by this way: activate the Picture Tools with selecting the picture, click the anchor at the bottom-right corner of Size group to open the Size and Propterteis dialog, and check the Move and size with cells option on the Properteis tab. See below screen shot:
Batch insert pictures and fit the cell size
With above normal way, it will waste much time if there are hundreds of pictures needed to be inserted into cells. In this case, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Import Pictures to quickly batch insert multiple pictures to cells at once time.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Click Kutools Plus > Import & Export > Import Pictures. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Import Pictures dialog, please do as below:
(1) Specify the Import order as you need, you can choose Fill vertically cell after cell or Fill horizontally cell after cell.
(2) The click Add to add pictures or add all pictures in specified folder.
(3) Then click Import seize to select the picture size you need from the Import Picture Size dialog.
3. Click Ok > Import to show Import Pictures dialog, and select the cell range to put pictures
4. Click OK. Now the pictures are inserted.
If you select Fill horizontally cell after cell, the pictures will inserted as below:
Actually in Kutools for Excel, you can use the Match Import Pictures to batch insert pictures based on cell values.
Click here to know more about Import Pictures
Click here to know more about Match Import Pictures
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!