How to insert multiple pictures into cell in Excel?
Have you ever tried to insert a picture into a cell? Here this tutorial is talking about two methods to insert multiple pictures into separated cells in Excel. One is the normal way to insert pictures into cells one by one, the other is an advanced way to batch insert pictures into cells and fit the cell size.
In Excel, if you want to insert pictures into cells, you only can insert them one by one manually.
1. Select a cell and click Insert > Picture, then go to the picture folder to select a picture you need to insert into the cell. See screenshot:
2. Then click Insert to insert the picture. Now you need to resize the picture to fit the cell size. See screenshot:
3. Then right click at the picture to select Format Picture from the context menu. See screenshot:
4. In the Format Picture dialog, click Properties tab and check Move and size with cells. Then click Close. See screenshot:
Now you need to repeat above steps to insert pictures into cells one by one.
Tip: In Excel 2007, you can find out the Move and size with cells optio by this way: activate the Picture Tools with selecting the picture, click the anchor at the bottom-right corner of Size group to open the Size and Propterteis dialog, and check the Move and size with cells option on the Properteis tab. See below screen shot:
With above normal way, it will waste much time if there are hundreds of pictures needed to be inserted into cells. In this case, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Import Pictures to quickly batch insert multiple pictures to cells at once time.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Click Kutools Plus > Import & Export > Import Pictures. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Import Pictures dialog, please do as below:
(1) Specify the Import order as you need, you can choose Fill vertically cell after cell or Fill horizontally cell after cell.
(2) The click Add to add pictures or add all pictures in specified folder.
(3) Then click Import seize to select the picture size you need from the Import Picture Size dialog.
3. Click Ok > Import to show Import Pictures dialog, and select the cell range to put pictures
4. Click OK. Now the pictures are inserted.
If you select Fill horizontally cell after cell, the pictures will inserted as below:
Actually in Kutools for Excel, you can use the Match Import Pictures to batch insert pictures based on cell values.
Insert pictures based on given names in Excel cell
|Here is a list of picture names, now you want to insert pictures in a order based on the given names, except to insert pictures one by one, you can try Kutools for Excel's Match Import Pictures utility, which can quickly look up pictures from a folder based on the given picture names, then insert picture match names. Click for full-featured 30 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|