How to quickly find and replace across multiple worksheets or the whole workbook?
To find and replace a character or word in the active worsheet may be easy for you, but how about finding and replacing across multiple worksheets or the whole workbook? Following this tutorial, you will find the tricks.
Navigation--AutoText (add usually used charts to AutoText pane, only one click when you need to insert it in any sheets .)
Find and replace acroos multiple sheets
1. Press Ctrl key to select multiple sheets you want to find and replace at the meanwhile. See screenshot:
Tip: Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent sheets with clicking each sheet in the Sheet Tab bar; Holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent sheets with clicking the first sheet and the last one in the Sheet Tab bar.
2. Then press Ctrl + H to open Find and Replace dialog, then type the text you want to replace into Find what textbox, and the text needed to be replace with into the Replace with textbox. See screenshot:
3. Click Replace All. And a dialpg pops out to tell you how many replacements have been made. See screenshot:
4. Click OK > Close to close dialogs. Now the texts have been replaced.
Find and replace in the whole workbook.
1. Press Ctrl + H to open the Find and Replace dialog, type the text you want to replace into Find what textbox, and the text needed to be replace with into the Replace with textbox. See screenshot:
2. Click Options to expand the dialog, then select Workbook in the Within drop down list. See screenshot:
3. Click the Replace All button. Then a new dialog pops out and shows how many replacements have been made.
4. Click OK > Close to close the dailogs. Then all the texts you specified have been replaced in the whole workbook.
With Kutools for Excel, you can find and replace a word across sheets and the whole workbook by the Navigation pane.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Open the workbook, and click Kutools > Navigation to show the Navigation pane, then click Find and Replace tab to go to Find and Replace section. See screenshot:
2. In the Find and Replace section:
(1) Select Replace tab, and type the text you want to replace in the Find what textbox, and the text you want to replace with in the Replace with textbox. See screenshot:
(2) If you want to find and replace works across whole workbook, select Active workbook from the Within drop down list, and if you want to find and replace across some specified sheets, just click All workbooks from the Within drop down list, then check the sheets you want under Workbooks list. see screenshots:
Tip: If you can’t find out the Within drop down list and Workbooks list, please click the expand button to expand the advanced Find and Replace options. See below screenshot:
3. Click Replace All. Then the finding and replacement has been finished.
With Kutools for Excel’s Navigation pane, you can toggle between two worksheets, list all sheets, columns and names, add the pictures or formulas you usually use into the favorites and so on. For more details about Navigation pane, please click here.
Note: In default, the shortcuts for enabling the Kutools' Find and Replace dialog is Win + W, but if you are familiar with the shortcut Ctrl + F, you can go to setting to check Pressing Ctrl + F to apply Find and Replace of Kutools option , and then when you press Ctrl + F, this Find and Replace dialog pops out.