How to count the number of times a word appears in a range?
When you work on an Excel worksheet, have you ever tried to count the number of times a word appears in a range of cells? Counting them one by one will be time-consuming if there are multiple cells needed to be counted, today, I will talk about some good tricks for you to solve this task in Excel.
The following formula can help you to count the number of times the specific word appears in a cell or a range. Please do as follows:
1. Click a cell where you want to get the result, C2, for instance, and then copy and paste the below formula, then press Enter key to get the result, see screenshot:
1. In above formula, A2:A5 is the data rang you want to count the specific word from, and KTE is the word you want to count. You can change them as you need.
2. This formula is case sensitive, if you want to get the number of time the specific word appears without case sensitive, please apply the below formula:
With the help of the Count the number of a word feature of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly calculate the number of a specific text or word in a range of cells without remembering any formula.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Click a cell where you want to locate the result. And then click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper, see screenshot:
2. In the Formula Helper dialog box, please do the following operations:
- Select Statistical option from the Formula Type drop down list;
- Then choose Count the number of a word from the Choose a formula list box;
- In the right Arguments input section, select a list of cells that you want to count the numer of times a specific word appears from the Text box, and then type the specific word you want to count into the Word box.
3. And then click Ok button, and you will get the number of times the specific word appears in a range of cells, see screesnhot:
More relative articles:
- Count The Number Of Times A Character / Word Appears In A Cell
- This article, I will talk about how to count the number of times a specific character or a word appears in a cell in a worksheet. For example, A2 contains the text “Kutools for outlook and Kutools for word”, and now, I want to know the number of the letter “o” in this cell. In Excel, we can apply formulas to deal with this job.
- Count Number Of Occurrence In A Column In Google Sheet
- Supposing, you have a list of names in Column A of Google sheet, and now, you want to count how many times each unique name is appeared as following screenshot shown. This tutorial, I will talk about some formulas for solving this job in Google sheet.
- Count All Cells Except A Specific Value In Excel
- If you have the word “Apple” scattered among a list of values, now, you just want to count the number of cells which are not “Apple” to get the following result. In this article, I will introduce some methods to solve this task in Excel.
- Count The Number Of Spaces Of Text String In Excel
- Have you ever tried to count the number of spaces of text string in a cell? Of course, you can count them one by one manually, but, if there are multiple cells needed to be counted, this way will be tedious and time consuming. Today, I can talk about some formulas for dealing with this problem in Excel.