How to print X rows per page in Excel?
If you have a range of data with multiple rows in Excel, and now you want to print this range by 3 rows per page, how should you do? This tutorial just talks about the manual method and quick tricks to print fixed rows per page in Excel.
To print fixed rows per page, what we need to do is to insert the page breaks every n rows.
For instance, here I want to print 3 rows per page, now I begin to insert page breaks by manual.
1. Select the 4th data, see screenshot:
2. Then click Page Layout > Breaks > Insert Page Break. See screenshot:
Now a page break is inserted under the 3rd row. See screenshot:
Now to repeat step 1 and step 2 to insert other page breaks.
Tip: If you want to insert page break every n row, select n+1 row, 2n+1 row, 3n+1 row…to insert page breaks.
3. Then you can go to File (Office button) > Print to print the data by 3 rows per page.
If you have hundreds of rows needed to insert page breaks, the above manual method is not a good choice. If you are interested in VBA, this tutorial can introduce a VBA code to quickly insert page breaks in every nth rows.
1. Press Alt + F11 to enable Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, then paste below VBA code into the new Module window.
VBA: Insert page breaks every nth row.
Sub formatSheets() For i = 3 To 11 Step 3 ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=Cells(i + 1, 1) Next End Sub
3. Then press Run. And you can see page breaks are inserted in every 3rd row.
Tip: In the VBA code, 3 To 11 Step 3 means that to insert page breaks in every 3rd row from the 3rd row to 11th row, and you can change it based on your needs.
However, for most of Excel green hands, VBA code is also not an easy way to solve the problem that print x rows per page. Here if you like to try a new thing, you can try to use Kutools for Excel, a handy Excel tool which can make Excel more interesting and easier, its Insert Page Break Every Row utility can quickly insert page breaks in every nth row as you need.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Enable the worksheet you want to insert page breaks, and click Kutools Plus > Printing > Insert Page Break Every Row. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Page Break Every Row dialog, type the interval number you want to insert page breaks, and click Ok. Then a dialog pops out to remind you how many breaks are inserted, just click OK to close it. See screenshot:
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoi have 10k rows, but i need to print it in very less page, i want to separate the row to some other column to print my data continuously.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoIs there a way to only print rows that you have entered data into? eg. I only want to print rows where I have entered data into column H?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSelect the column range you want to print, and click file > print, select print selection in settings section.