How to format part text as superscript or subscript within a cell?
Have you ever tried to format part text as superscript or subscript in a single cell as below screenshot shown? Here I will introduce the tricks to quickly format part text within a cell.
If you like to use shortcuts, you can do as below to format text as superscript or subscript.
1. Double click at a cell, and then select the text you want to format as superscript or subscript.
2. Then press Ctrl + Shift + F to open the Format Cells dialog, then press Alt + E to format as superscript or Alt + B to format as subscript, or you can check Superscript or Subscript option in Effects section as you need in the popping dialog. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now the select part text has been formatted as superscript or subscript.
Tip: You also can select the part text and click the anchor in Font group under Home tab to open Format Cells dialog.
With above method, you only can format one continuous part text in a single cell at once time, but if you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can format any part texts within a cell at once time with the Superscript / Subscript utility.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the cell you want to format its part text, and click Kutools > Format > Superscript / Subscript. See screenshot:
2. Then in the popping dialog, select one character you want to format as superscript or subscript under Click to select the character you want to format section, and then check the Superscript option or Subscript option as you need. For formatting other characters, please repeat this step.
(1) You can click these arrows to go left or right of the text string.
(2) Check In-cell preview, you can preview the text’s change in the selected cell directly.
3. Then click Ok.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!