How to display time in minutes format only in Excel?
Supposing you have a list of HH:MM:SS time format cells, and now you want to display this time cells in minutes format only. What can you do? In this tutorial, we will show you two methods of displaying time in minutes format only in Excel.
You can format the HH:MM:SS cells to minutes and seconds only by customizing a format in the Format Cells dialog box. Please do as follows.
1. Select and right click the cells with time you want to display in minutes and seconds, and then click Format Cells in the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, click Custom in the Category box under Number tab, type [m]:ss into the Type box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then the selected time cells are displayed in minutes and seconds only as below screenshot shown.
You can also display HH:MM:SS time format cells in minutes with the Convert Time utility of Kutools for Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the cells with time you want to display in minutes, and then click Kutools > Content > Convert Time > Time to Minutes.
Then all HH:MM:SS time format cells in selected range are displayed in minutes only immediately (you can specify the decimal number as you need). See screenshot:
Note: With this Convert Time feature, you can also display the time format as hours or seconds only.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)