How to convert between kb and mb, gb, tb and vice versa?
If you have a column of numbers which unit is kb, and now, you want to convert the unit to mb, gb, or tb? To convert between the storage units, you should know the conversion factors, and then do some calculations. This article, I will introduce some quick methods to solve this task.
As we all know, for the storage units, each adjacent unit conversion rate is 1024, so, you can convert between them as follows:
Convert between kb and mb:
To convert the unit from kb to mb, please apply this formula: =A2/1024, see screenshot:
If you want to convert mb to kb, just apply this formula: =A2*1024.
Tips: To convert between kb and gb, tb:
|KB to GB:||=A2/1024^2|
|GB to KB:||=A2*1024^2|
|KB to TB:||=A2/1024^3|
|TB to KB:||=A2*1024^3|
Unit Conversion: (Convert between multiple units, such as time, distance, bits & bytes, etc. )
With Kutools for Excel’s Unit Conversion utility, you can quickly convert between multiple units without any formulas.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
If you are confused with the above formulas, here, I can talk about an easy tool-Kutools for Excel, with its Unit Conversion feature, you can quickly and easily convert between various units.
1. Select the data range that you want to convert.
2. Click Kutools > Content > Unit Conversion, see screenshot:
3. In the Unit Conversion dialog box, do the following operations:
(1.) Choose Bits & Bytes from the Units drop down;
(2.) Specify the units that you want to convert between from the two list boxes.
4. Then click Ok or Apply button, the numbers have been converted from kb to mb, see screenshots:
1. If you want to convert mb to kb, just click to exchange the units.
2. If you check Add results as comment option in the dialog box, the converted results will be inserted into the cells as comments, see screenshot:
With this feature, you can also convert between angles, distances, temperatures, and so on.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!