How to check if / find cells contains formulas in Excel?
If you have a large worksheet which contains some formulas, and now, you want to find or check if the cells contain formulas. In Excel, do you have any good ways to find or check the cells with formulas at once?
By default, there is a simple function for you to check if a cell contains formula in Excel, please do as follows:
1. Enter this formula: =ISFORMULA(A1) (A1 is the cell that you want to check if it is a formula) into a blank cell to check if the specific cell contains a formula or not, then press Enter key to get the result, FALSE indicates that is not a formula, TRUE stands for containing a formula. See screenshot:
2. Then you can drag the fill handle to the range of cells that you want to check the corresponding cells if are formulas, see screenshot:
If you want to find and select the formula cells, you can also apply the Go To Special command to deal with this task.
1. Select the range that you want to select the formula cells.
2. Click Home > Find & Select > Go To Special, see screenshot:
3. In the Go To Special dialog box, select Formulas and check all options under the Formulas, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK, all the cells with formulas have been selected at once. See screenshot:
The following VBA code may help you to highlight all the formula cells to make them standout.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Highlight all cells with formulas
Sub FindFormulaCells() 'Updateby Extendoffice Dim xRg As Range On Error Resume Next Set xRg = Application.InputBox("please select a range:", "Kutools for Excel", Application.ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Address, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Set xRg = xRg.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, 23) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub xRg.Interior.Color = vbYellow End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and then select the data range that you want to find the formulas from the prompt box, see screenshot:
4. Click OK button, and all the formula cells have been highlighted with yellow color as following screenshot shown:
Note: In the above code xRg.Interior.Color = vbYellow, you can change the highlight color-Yellow to your like, such as Red, Green, Blue and so on.
Kutools for Excel’s Highlight Formulas feature can help you highlight the formulas in the whole workbook automatically, and the highlighted cells will be changed as the cell changes dynamically.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:( Free Download Kutools for Excel Now )
1. Click Kutools Plus > Worksheet Design, and a new Design tab will be displayed in the ribbon, click Highlight Formulas under the Design tab, see screenshots:
2. And then all the formula cells within all worksheets have been highlighted at once.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoUnfortunarely Excel 2007 has no formula called "=ISFORMULA()" :(