How to determine if a number or value is in a range in Excel?
Sometimes you need to check or determine if a number or value is in a range. In this tutorial, we will show you how to achieve it.
As below screenshot shown, you can determine if a number “5972”or text “new” exits in the range A1:E8 with the following formula. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell for locating the result. Enter formula =IF(COUNTIF(A1:E8,"new"),"Yes","No") into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key.
Besides the above formula, you can determine if a number or value is in a range with the Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range you want to determine if a number or value is located, then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells.
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select the Cell option in the Selection type section, select Equals in the Specific type drop-down list, then enter the number or value you want to find in range, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
If the number or value exists in the specified range, you will get the following dialog box. Click the OK button, then the cell will be selected immediately.
But if the number or value does not exist in the specified range, you will get the below dialog box.
- How to determine if a date falls between two dates or weekend in Excel?
- How to determine if date has passed in Excel?
- How to determine/check if date is a weekend in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!