How to quickly convert cells between hectares and acres in Excel?
With this article, I introduce the quick tricks to convert values between hectares and acres units in Excel, please be patient to read the below steps.
Supposing you have a list of values in hectare unit as below screenshot shown, and now convert them to acre unit in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell next to the list, and type this formula into it =D1* 2.4710538, D1 is the cell you want to convert hectare to acre, and press Enter key, then drag the autofill handle down to apply this formula to cells. See screenshots:
1. If you want to convert acres to hectares, you can use this formula = D1*0.4046856.
2. Because the results are calculated by formulas, if you want to change them to actual value, you can paste them as value, or click Kutools > To Actual to change them to actual values if you have Kutools for Excel installed.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can use the Unit Conversion to convert multiple area units as you need quickly.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
1. Select the values you want to convert to acres, and then click Kutools > Content > Unit Conversion. See screenshot:
2. In Unit Conversion dialog, select Surface from Units drop down list, and select Hectare from left list, Acre form right list, you can view converted results in Preview pane. See screenshot:
3. Then click Ok or Apply, now the hectares are converted to acres.
1. If you want to convert acres to hectares, just select Acre from left list and Hectare from right list in Unit Conversion dialog and click Ok.
2. If you check Add results as comment option, the converted results will be shown as comments.
With Kutools for Excel’s Unit Conversion, you can convert between mass untis, time units, liquid units, temperature units and so on.
With Kutools for Excel installed, you also can quickly convert multiple currencies.
- How to quickly convert pounds to ounces/grams/kg in Excel?
- How to quickly convert between multiple energy units in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!