mujhe excel 2013 me
worksheet search karne ki vba coding bata dijiye or search command bata dijiye
Normally we can find/search cells easily with Find and Replace feature. But occasionally we need to search by worksheet name. For example there are dozens of worksheets squeezing in sheet tab bar, and we need to quickly find out a worksheet and jump to it. So how? This article will discuss both methods to solve it easily.
This method will introduce a VBA macro to search worksheet in active workbook easily.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and then paste following VBA code into the new opening Module window.
VBA: Search by worksheet name
Sub SearchSheetName() Dim xName As String Dim xFound As Boolean xName = InputBox("Enter sheet name to find in workbook:", "Sheet search") If xName = "" Then Exit Sub On Error Resume Next ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(xName).Select xFound = (Err = 0) On Error GoTo 0 If xFound Then MsgBox "Sheet '" & xName & "' has been found and selected!" Else MsgBox "The sheet '" & xName & "' could not be found in this workbook!" End If End Sub
3. Press the F5 key or click the Run button to run this VBA.
4. A Sheet search dialog box comes out, please type the worksheet name that you will search, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Another dialog box will come out and tell whether the worksheet has been found or not. Just close it.
Note: This VBA requires exactly matched worksheet name. Only you enter the exactly full worksheet name, you can find out this worksheet with this VBA.
The above VBA may be not easy to find out a worksheet if you can’t exactly remember and enter a worksheet name. This method will introduce Kutools for Excel’s Create List of Sheet Names utility to search and shift to a worksheet easily.
1. Click Kutools Plus > Worksheet > Create List of Sheet Names to open Create List of Sheet Names dialog box. See screenshots:
2. In the opening Create List of Sheet Names dialog box, please specific the settings: (1) check the Contains a list of hyperlinks option; (2) type a name for the new created Index sheet; (3) specify the new Index sheet’s place; and (4) list all worksheet names in one column in the Index sheet.
3. Click the Ok button. Now a new index sheet is created and placed in front of all worksheets.
4. Go to the index sheet, and press Ctrl + F keys simultaneously to open the Find and Replace dialog box, type a keyword in the Find what box, and click the Find All button. See screenshot:
Now all worksheet names containing the keywords are found and listed at the bottom of Find and Replace dialog box. See above dialog box.
5. Click a found worksheet name in the Find and Replace dialog box to select corresponding cell, next click the selected cell in the index sheet, it will jump to the corresponding worksheet at once.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can easily search worksheets by sheet name on the Navigation Pane. Please do as follows:
1. By default the Navigation Pane is opening. If closed, please click Kutools > Navigation Pane to display the navigation pane, and then click (Workbook & sheet) at far left side of Navigation Pane.
2. Go ahead to check the Filter checkbox in the Navigation Pane, and type the specified keywords into following box. Now all worksheets whose names contain the specified keywords will be found out and listed in the below box. See screenshot:
Note: Clicking the search results will jump and open the corresponding worksheet at once.