How to remove line shapes in Excel?
In Excel, you can delete all objects by using Go To special function to select all objects including line shapes and then pressing Delete key. But in some cases, you may want to remove line shapes only, how can you solve it?
Delete Blank Rows
|Kutools for Excel's Delete Blank Rows utility can quickly remove blank rows from selection, current sheet, select sheets or the entire workbook as you need.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance working efficiency and save working time.|
1. Enable the worksheet needed to remove line shapes, and click Home > Find & Select > Go To Special. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Go To Special dialog, check Objects option. Click OK to close the dialog.
3. Then all objects are selected in active worksheet, press Delete key to delete them.
Tip: With Go To Special, all objects including other auto shapes, charts, pictures and so on will be selected, too.
If you have multiple objects in worksheet, and you want to quickly delete only line shapes, you can try to use the Delete Illustrations & Objects utility of Kutools for Excel.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Enable the worksheet you want to delete line shapes from, and click Kutools > Delete > Delete Illustrations & Objects. See screenshot:
2. In the popping dialog, check Lines option in Delete section, and then select an option as you need in Look in section. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, then all line shapes are deleted.
Tip: with Kutools for Excel’s Delete Illustrations & Objects, you only can delete line shapes, the arrow shapes, curve shapes and so on cannot be deleted.
With Kutools for Excel’s Delete Illustration & Objects utility, you can only delete charts, pictures at active worksheet, selected sheets or whole workbook, and also you can delete charts and lines and textboxes together. Click here to know more about this utility.