How to remove line shapes in Excel?
In Excel, you can delete all objects by using Go To special function to select all objects including line shapes and then pressing Delete key. But in some cases, you may want to remove line shapes only, how can you solve it?
1. Enable the worksheet needed to remove line shapes, and click Home > Find & Select > Go To Special. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Go To Special dialog, check Objects option. Click OK to close the dialog.
3. Then all objects are selected in active worksheet, press Delete key to delete them.
Tip: With Go To Special, all objects including other auto shapes, charts, pictures and so on will be selected, too.
If you have multiple objects in worksheet, and you want to quickly delete only line shapes, you can try to use the Delete Illustrations & Objects utility of Kutools for Excel.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Enable the worksheet you want to delete line shapes from, and click Kutools > Delete > Delete Illustrations & Objects. See screenshot:
2. In the popping dialog, check Lines option in Delete section, and then select an option as you need in Look in section. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, then all line shapes are deleted.
Tip: with Kutools for Excel’s Delete Illustrations & Objects, you only can delete line shapes, the arrow shapes, curve shapes and so on cannot be deleted.
With Kutools for Excel’s Delete Illustration & Objects utility, you can only delete charts, pictures at active worksheet, selected sheets or whole workbook, and also you can delete charts and lines and textboxes together. Click here to know more about this utility.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!