How to concatenate year, month and day to date in Excel?
For example, cell A2, B2 and C2 separately contain month, day and year, and now you want to concatenate these three cells to a date in a single cell as below screenshot shown.
This article will introduce two methods to concatenate year, month and day to date in details.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
With the below formula, you can concatenate year, month and day to date in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell to place the concatenated date, and enter formula =A2&"/"&B2&"/"&C2 into the formula bar, then press the Enter key.
2. Drag the populated cell’s Fill Handle down to the cells for concatenating corresponding cells to date.
Note: In above formula, / is the separator between the month, day and year, you can change it to any other delimiters you need.
Now the month, day and year are combined to date.
The Combine utility of Kutools for Excel can help you concatenate values from multiple cells to one without using formula. Please do as follows.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the cells with month, day, year you want to concatenate, and then click Kutools > Combine. See screenshot:
2. In the popping up Combine Columns or Rows dialog box, you need to:
A. Select Combine columns option if the month, day and year you need to concatenate locating in different columns.
B. Select the Other separator option, enter the / mark.
C. Select a position for locating the combined date in the Place the results to drop-down list.
D. In the Option section, if you don’t want to keep the original texts, please select the Delete contents of combined cells option. Otherwise, select the other options.
E. Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the cells are combined successfully.
|If this utility is helpful, you can download and try the free trial now!|
- How to combine cells and keep the cell formatting in Excel?
- How to concatenate cells if same value exists in another column in Excel?