How to create alphabetical series list in Excel?
Typing alphabetical series in column cells one by one takes much time during your work. This tutorial will show you methods of easily creating alphabetical series list in Excel.
You can create alphabetical series list with formula. Please do as follows.
1. Firstly, you need to create a number list from 65 to 90. Please enter 65 and 66 into cell A1 and A2, select cell A1 and A2, then drag the fill handle down until number 90 is populated in cell.
2. Select a cell besides number 65 (here we select cell B1), enter formula =CHAR(A1) into it. Then drag its fill handle down until it reaches the cell besides number 90.
You can see the whole alphabetical series list is created. See screenshot:
With the Fill Custom List utility of Kutools for Excel, you can create an alphabetical list, and then use it in your future work without typing repeatedly.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Click Kutools > Insert > Fill Custom Lists. See screenshot:
2. In the Fill Custom Lists dialog box, click the Edit list button. Then a Custom Lists dialog box pops up, you need to:
3. Then it returns to the Fill Custom Lists dialog box, if you want to fill the list in a column, please click a beginning cell, select Fill vertically cell after cell in the Fill order drop-down list, and select the alphabetical list you have created in the Custom list box, then click the Fill Range button. See screenshot:
4. Now the alphabetical series list is created in specified column. Please close the dialog box.
From now on, the alphabetical series list is saved in the Fill Custom Lists dialog box, you can use it at any time as you need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!