How to filter rows by list of values in Excel?
If you need to filter a table (as left screenshot shown) and hide some rows by a given list of values as below screenshots shown, how do you deal with it in Excel? This article will guide you to solve it easily.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
We can apply the Advanced Filter feature to filter rows by a given list of values easily in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Click Data > Advanced to open the Advanced Filter dialog box.
2. In the opening Advanced Filter dialog box, specify the list you will filter in the original table as List Range, and specify the given list as Criteria range. See screenshot:
3. Click the OK button. Then you will see the original table is filtered by the given list of values as below screenshot shown:
Note: This method requires the list you will filter in original table and the given list have the same title.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply its Compare Ranges utility to find out and hide different values in a list easily. Please do as follows:
Kutools for Excel - Combines more than 300 Advanced Functions and Tools for Microsoft Excel
1. Click Kutools > Compare Ranges to open the Compare Ranges dialog box.
2. In the opening Compare Ranges dialog box, please configure as follows:
(1) Specify the list you will filter in original table into the Find values in box;
(2) Specify the given list into the According to box;
(3) Check the Each row option in the Based on section;
(4) Check the Different Values option in the Find section.
(5) Check the Select entire rows option.
Note: If the list you will filter in original table has different title from the title of given list, please do not select the titles in both Find values in box and According to box.
3. Click the Ok button in the Compare Ranges dialog box. And then a dialog box pops out to show how many rows have been selected. Just click the OK button to close it.
4. Now values which don’t exist in the given list are selected in the original table. Go ahead to click Home > Format > Hide & Unhide > Hide Rows.
So far we have filtered/hided rows by the give list of values already.