How to filter rows by list of values in Excel?
If you need to filter a table (as left screenshot shown) and hide some rows by a given list of values as below screenshots shown, how do you deal with it in Excel? This article will guide you to solve it easily.
We can apply the Advanced Filter feature to filter rows by a given list of values easily in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Click Data > Advanced to open the Advanced Filter dialog box.
2. In the opening Advanced Filter dialog box, specify the list you will filter in the original table as List Range, and specify the given list as Criteria range. See screenshot:
3. Click the OK button. Then you will see the original table is filtered by the given list of values as below screenshot shown:
Note: This method requires the list you will filter in original table and the given list have the same title.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply its Compare Ranges utility to find out and hide different values in a list easily. Please do as follows:
1. Click Kutools > Compare Ranges to open the Compare Ranges dialog box.
2. In the opening Compare Ranges dialog box, please configure as follows:
(1) Specify the list you will filter in original table into the Find values in box;
(2) Specify the given list into the According to box;
(3) Check the Each row option in the Based on section;
(4) Check the Different Values option in the Find section.
(5) Check the Select entire rows option.
Note: If the list you will filter in original table has different title from the title of given list, please do not select the titles in both Find values in box and According to box.
3. Click the Ok button in the Compare Ranges dialog box. And then a dialog box pops out to show how many rows have been selected. Just click the OK button to close it.
4. Now values which don’t exist in the given list are selected in the original table. Go ahead to click Home > Format > Hide & Unhide > Hide Rows.
So far we have filtered/hided rows by the give list of values already.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!