How to count unique/duplicate dates in an Excel column?
In a list of dates with some duplicate dates and unique dates, and for some purposes, you want to count the unique dates or the duplicates dates only in the list, how could you quickly count them instead of manual counting? This tutorial can tell you the tricks.
In Excel, there is a formula can help you to count all unique dates including the first duplicate ones in a list.
Select a blank cell, for instance, B2, and type this formula =SUMPRODUCT(1/COUNTIF(A2:A22,A2:A22)) in to it, and press Enter, you can get the counting result.
In above formula, A2:A22 is the range you want to count unique dates from, you can change it as you need.
If you want to count and color the unique dates excluding the first duplicate ones, or count the duplicate dates, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Select Duplicate & Unique Cells utility to help you solve it.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the range you want to count unique or duplicate dates, and click Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog, check the option as you need in Rule section, and then if you want to color the selected cells, check Fill backcolor or Fill font color checkbox to select a color as you need in Processing of results section. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and a dialog pops out to tell you the counting result, and at the same time, the selected cells are colored. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!