- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agodid you ever figure it out? i need thesame thing
How to calculate average in a column based on criteria in another column in Excel?
For calculating average in a column based on same values in another column (see screenshot below), what can you do? In this article, we will show you two methods to get it down in details.
You can calculate average in a column based on same value in another column with formulas. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell, enter the below formula into it and press the Enter key.
Note: in the formula, B2:B13 is the range contains the criteria, C2:C13 is the range contains the data you want to calculate average, “Owenton” is the value you will calculate based on. You can change them as you need.
Now the sales average of “Owenton” is calculated. For calculating the average of other values in column B, you need to repeat the above operation until all value average are calculated.
This section will show you how to calculate all average in a column based on same value in another column at once in Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range, and then click Kutools > Merge & Split > Advanced Combined Rows.
2. In the Combine Rows Based on Column dialog box, please configure as follows:
- Select the column you will average data based on, and then click the Primary Key button;
- Select the column you will calculate the average, and then click Calculate > Average.
Note: For the other column in selected range (here is the Date column), please specify the combine criteria for it. In this case, I combine the Date column with comma.
- Click the OK button.
Now the averages in column C are calculated based on the same values in column B. see screenshot:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThank you for this information. Question, how would I do this formula if the criteria in B is based on a long list, so I can't enter each individual name into the formula? I just need it to average based on each one of many names?