How to extract milliseconds from time in Excel?
Supposing you have a list of time with milliseconds as below screenshot shown, and you need to extract the milliseconds from these time cells. Any idea to solve it easily? This article will introduce two solutions for you.
Extract milliseconds from time with formula
This method will introduce a formula to extract milliseconds from time in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select a blank cell besides the first time cell, enter the formula =RIGHT(TEXT(A2, "hh:mm:ss.000"),3)/1000 (A2 is the first time cell in the list) into it, and then drag the Fill Handle down to the range as you need.
Now you will get the calculation results showing as time with milliseconds as above screenshot shown.
2. Keep selecting the calculation results, and click Home > Number Format box > General to convert the times to general numbers.
So far, you can see milliseconds are extracted from each time cell as below screenshot shown:
Extract milliseconds from time with Kutools for Excel
This method will introduce Kutools for Excel’s Extract Text utility to extract milliseconds from each time easily.
Kutools for Excel - Includes more than 300 handy tools for Excel. Full feature free trial 30-day, no credit card required! Free Trial Now!
1. Select the time data, and click Kutools > Text > Extract Text.
2. In the opening Extract Text dialog box, type .* into the Text box, and click the Add button; In the Extract list only check the new added extract field, and click the Ok button. See screenshot:
And then the second Extract Text dialog box comes out. Please specify the first cell of destination range, and click the OK button.
So far the milliseconds have been extracted from each time cell. See screenshot:
Kutools for Excel - Includes more than 300 handy tools for Excel. Full feature free trial 30-day, no credit card required! Get It Now
Kutools for Excel
includes more than 300 handy tools for Excel, free to try without limitation in 30 days. Download and Free Trial Now
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!