How to bold part of text string in a cell in Excel?
In Excel, to bold cells are frequently used, but sometimes, you may want to bold parts of a text string in a single cell to outstand some characters as below screenshot shown. And now this tutorial can tell you the methods to bold parts of the text string in a cell.
|To bold partial text string with Format function
To bold specific characters in a text string with Kutools for Excel
To bold only partial text string in a cell, you can do as below:
1. Double click at the cell you want to bold its partial text string to enable edit the cell, and select the partial string (the string must be continuous). See screenshot:
2. Then go to click Home tab, and click the anchor arrow in Font group to display Format Cells dialog, and click Bold under Font style drop down list. see screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now the selected part of the text string is bolded.
If you want to bold several uncontinuous parts of a text string, you need to repeat above steps to bold a part of string one by one.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
If you want to bold some uncontinuous specific characters in a text string, you can try to apply Superscript/Subscript function of Kutools for Excel.
1. Select the cell you want to bold the specific characters, and click Kutools > Format > Superscript/Subscript. See screenshot
2. Then in the Superscript/Subscript Formatting dialog, select the character you want to bold, then check Bold option, and if the text is too long to display in the text box, click right arrow button to view other characters, and go on bolding the characters.
3. Click Ok. The uncoutinuous characters are bolded.
With this function, you can quickly superscript or subscript character.
The article you may be interested in:
- How to automatically fill increment cells in Excel?
- How to count cells with zeros but not blanks in Excel?
- How to count the number of occurrences of a word in a column in Excel?
- How to count unique/duplicate dates in an Excel column?
- How to find the max or min value for each day in an Excel range?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!