How to add/subtract half year/month/hour to date or time in Excel?
To add year, month or hour to date or time is usual in our Excel daily work. Have you ever tried to add half a year, month, or hour to date or time? Here I introduce the tricks to handle with this job.
Here I introduce the formula to help you add half year/month/hour to date or time cell.
|Add half year||=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1))|
|Add half month ||=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+INT(0.5),DAY(A1)+MOD(0.5,1)*30)|
|Add half hour||=A1+1/48|
Select a cell, and paste one formula as your need from above table, here, I paste =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1)) into a blank cell, B1, and press Enter key to get the result, and if you need you can drag the formula down to fill below cells.
Tip: Within above formulas, A1 is the cell you want to use, you can change it as you need.
To remember above formulas may be somewhat annoy for you. However, with Kutools for Excel’s Formulas function group, you can quickly add or subtract half year, month or hour to date or time without remember formulas.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select a cell to output the calculate result, and click Kutools > Formula Helper > Date & Time helper. See screenshot:
2. In the Date & Time Helper dialog, check Add or Subtract option as you need, and click from Enter a date or select a date formatting cell to select a cell you want to use, and in the Enter number or select cells which contain values you want to add(subtract) section, specify the years, months or hours, minutes you wnat to add. Here, I enter 6 into the textbox of Month. You can previwe the caculated result in Result section. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. And then drag the auto fill handle down to the cells you need.
- How to automatically color alternating rows/columns in Excel?
- How to find the max or min value for each day in an Excel range?
- How to add/subtract weeks to date in Excel?
- How to add semicolon to each cell in Excel?