How to find address of cell containing specific text in Excel?
In a certain range of Excel, you may need to find cells which contain specific text and get the addresses of these cells. In this article, we will introduce two methods for you.
You can find cells with specific text in a range and get their addresses with the Find and Replace feature in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the range you want to find address of cell containing specific text, and then press Ctrl + F keys simultaneously to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog box, enter the specific text you need to find into the Find what box under Find tab, and the click the Find All button.
Then all cells which contain the specific text are listing in the Find and Replace dialog box, and you can see the cell address in the Cell column. See screenshot:
Here recommend the Find & Replace in Multiple Workbooks feature of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can not only find address of cell containing specific text in a selection, but find address of cell containing specific text across all opened workbooks as you need.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Enable the feature by clicking Kutools > Find > Find & Replace in Multiple Workbooks.
2. Then the Find and Replace pane is displayed on the left side of workbook, you need to configure as follows.
Then all opened workbooks are listed in the right Workbooks box.
Then all matched cells across all opened workbooks are listed out. You can easily get the addresses of the result cells as the bellow screenshot shown.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!