How to find address of cell containing specific text in Excel?
In a certain range of Excel, you may need to find cells which contain specific text and get the addresses of these cells. In this article, we will introduce two methods for you.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
You can find cells with specific text in a range and get their addresses with the Find and Replace feature in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the range you want to find address of cell containing specific text, and then press Ctrl + F keys simultaneously to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog box, enter the specific text you need to find into the Find what box under Find tab, and the click the Find All button.
Then all cells which contain the specific text are listing in the Find and Replace dialog box, and you can see the cell address in the Cell column. See screenshot:
After free installing Kutools for Excel , the Select Specific Cells utility can help you easily select all cells which contain specific text in Excel. Please do as follows.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the range you want to find the specific text inside, then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells.
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select the Cell option in the Selection type section, and in the Specific type drop-down list, select Equals ( this will select the exact match values), then type the specific text into the following textbox, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Note: If the specific text you want to find mixed among long cell contents, you can select Contains from the Specific type drop-down list.
3. Then a dialog box pops up to show you how many cells will be selected, please click the OK button. Then all cells which contain specific text are selected immediately in the specified range.
|If this utility is helpful, you can download and try the free trial now!|