How to make top row always stay visible in Excel?
For many Excel users, the data header always locates on the first row of worksheet. By default, when you scroll down the worksheet, the top row will be hidden. Keeping the top row always stay visible makes data easily to read. In this article, we will show you methods of making top row always stay visible in current worksheet or all worksheets in active workbook.
The Freeze Top Row feature of Excel can freeze the top row in current active sheet and make this row always stay visible no matter how you scroll up and down the worksheet.
1. Stay in the worksheet you need to make top row always stay visible, then click View > Freeze Panes > Freeze Top Row. See screenshot:
Then the top row of current worksheet is frozen and will always stay visible until you unfreeze it.
If you want to make all top rows always stay visible in all worksheets, you can try the Freeze Panes Multiple Worksheets utility
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select cell A2 in your worksheet, and then click Kutools Plus> Worksheet > Freeze panes multiple worksheets. See screenshot:
Then top rows in all worksheets are frozen immediately at once.
Note: Click Kutools Plus > Worksheet > Unfreeze panes multiple worksheets to unfreeze them at once.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!