How to countif cell values with case sensitive in Excel?
When you work on Excel worksheet, it may be easy for you to count the number of a specific value without case sensitive, but, are you considered of counting the number of values that are case sensitive in Excel? In this article, I will talk about how to count cell values with case sensitive.
For example, I have a column data which contains various cases “apple”, and now I only want to count the number of “Apple”, to get the specific value which is case sensitive, the following formulas may help you, please do as follows:
Enter this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(--(EXACT(A1:A16,"Apple"))) into a blank cell where you want to output the result, and then press Enter key to get the result, see screenshot:
1. In the above formula, A1:A16 is the data range that you want to use, and “Apple” is the specific value that you want to count. You can change them to your need.
2. There is another array formula also can help you, please enter this formula: =SUM(IF(EXACT(A1:A16,"Apple"),1)), and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys together to get the correct result.
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Find and Replace feature, you can also count a specific value with case sensitive in a range, a worksheet, a workbook or multiple worksheets and workbooks.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:( Free Download Kutools for Excel Now! )
1. Click Kutools > Navigation > Find and Replace icon to expand the Find and Replace pane, see screenshot:
2. In the Find and Replace pane, do the following options:
(1.) Click Find tab;
(2.) Type the text that you want to count;
(3.) Choose Selection from the Within drop down list;
(4.) Click button to select the data range that you want to use;
(5.) Check Match Case option;
(6.) At last click Find All button.
3. After clicking Find All button, all the cells with the specific text case sensitive have been listed into the list box, and you can get the number of the cell values at the left corner of the pane.