How to round numbers to nearest hundred / thousand / million in Excel?
If there are some large numbers in your worksheet which you want to round them to the nearest hundred, thousand or million to read them more visually and comfortably. This article, I will introduce some quick tricks to solve it in Excel, please read the following details:
In Excel, the ROUND function can help you to deal with this problem, please do as follows:
1. To round the numbers to nearest thousand, please enter this formula: =ROUND(A2,-3) into a blank cell adjacent to your data, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle down to the cells which you want to apply this formula, and the list of the numbers have been rounded to nearest thousand as you need, see screenshot:
To round numbers to the nearest hundred, please type this formula: =ROUND(A2,-2);
To round numbers to the nearest million, please apply this formula: =ROUND(A2,-6).
Is there any other method without formulas for solving this task? Kutools for Excel’s Round utility can help you quickly round, round up, round down and round to even numbers as you need.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:( Click to Download Kutools for Excel Now! )
1. Select the numbers that you want to round.
2. Then click Kutools > Round, see screenshot:
3. In the Round dialog box, enter the number -3 into the Decima place text box to round numbers to nearest thousand, and then choose the round option, it can round, round up, round down the numbers as you want, see screenshot:
Note: To round numbers to the nearest hundred, please enter -2 into the Decimal place text box, and enter -6 into the text box to round numbers to the nearest million.
4. Then click Ok or Apply button to get the result as following screenshots shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!