How to convert decimal number to binary/octal/hex number or vice versa in Excel?
In some cases, particularly in math calculations, you may need to convert decimal number to binary, octal or hex number or vice versa, if you are not good at the conversion, this job must be a problem for you. In this tutorial, I introduce the helpful tricks for you to quickly solve the conversion between decimal number and binary/octal/hex number in Excel.
Unit ConversionKutools'Unit Conversion function give you the last currency rate, and help you convert between multuple measures.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
There are some simple formulas that can quickly finish the conversion between decimal numbers and binary/octal/hex number.
Select a blank cell and type this formula =DEC2BIN(A1) to convert a decimal number to binary number, then press Enter key to get the result. And if you need, drag the auto fill handle down or right to fill the cells.
To convert decimal to hex, octal or vice versa, you can take references form below table.
Tip: In above formulas, A1 is the cell you use to convert.
|Never need to worry about long long formulas in Excel anymore! Kutools for Excel's Auto Text can add all formulas to a group
as auto text, and liberate your brain! Know About Auto Text Get Free Trial
There is a multi-units converter called Unit Conversion which is one of utility of Kutools for Excel, can quickly convert between multiple measures.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the data you need to convert, and click Kutools > Content＞Unit Conversion. See screenshot:
2. Select Hex from the Units dropdown list, and then select the units from the two lists, and you can preview the results in the right Preview pane. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and the decimal numbers have been converted.
With Unit Conversion of Kutools for Excel, you can add the converted results as comments and keep the original data by checking Add results as comment.
- How to convert gallon to liter/ounce or vice versa in Excel?
- How to convert date to yyyy-mm-dd format in Excel?
- How to convert a single row to multiple columns and rows in Excel?
- How to convert time string to time in Excel?