How to mass convert numbers stored as text to numbers in Excel?
If there are hundreds of numbers which stored as text scattering in your worksheet, and you need to convert all of them to numbers at once. How to achieve it? This article provides three methods for you to batch convert numbers which stored as text to normal numbers in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
If the numbers which stored as text are connective in your worksheet, you can easily convert them to numbers with the Convert to Numbers function. Please do as follows.
1. Select the connective numbers which stored as text in your worksheet, and you can see a little button display besides the selection. Please click on it.
2. Choose Convert to Number from the drop-down list. Then all numbers which stored as text are converted to numbers immediately.
If the numbers which stored as text are scattered in different places in your worksheet, you can try the following method.
1. Type a number “1” into a blank cell, and then copy it with pressing Ctrl + C keys. Select the scattered cells you need to convert to numbers with holding the Ctrl key, and then press Ctrl + Alt + V keys simultaneously.
2. In the Paste Special dialog box, select the Multiply option in the Operation section, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all numbers which stored as text in selected cells are converted to numbers at once.
After free installing Kutools for Excel , the Convert between Text and Number utility will help you easily convert all numbers which stored as text to numbers not only in connective cells, but also in multiple selections.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the connective cells or multiple ranges you need to convert to numbers, and then click Kutools > Content > Convert between Text and Number. See screenshot:
2. In the Convert between Text and Number dialog box, select the Text to number option, and then click the OK button.
Now all numbers which stored as text are converted to numbers immediately.