How to get or reference cell from another worksheet in Excel?
In some cases, you may need to get or reference a specific cell value from other worksheets, and make these linked cells dynamic with the changes of referenced cell. In this article, we will introduce two methods for you to achieve it.
For example, you need to reference cell B15 from worksheet “The First Quarter” to current sheet, the following formula will help you easily achieve it. Please do as follows.
1. In current worksheet, select a blank cell which you want to get the value of cell B15 of sheet “The First Quarter”, then enter formula into it.
2. If you want to get or reference cells from multiple sheets into current sheet, please repeat the above operations.
If you want to quickly reference the same cell (says B15) from multiple worksheets to current one, the Dynamically Refer to Worksheets utility of Kutools for Excel will save your time.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. If you want to get values in the same cell (such as B10) across multiple sheets in current workbook, and place these values in a destination worksheet, please select cell B10 in the destination worksheet firstly.
2. And then click Kutools > More > Dynamically Refer to Worksheets.
3. In the Fill Worksheets References dialog box, you need to configure as follows:
Then you can see values in the same cell B10 across the selected worksheets are referenced into the destination worksheet as below screenshot shown.
3. Close the Fill Worksheets References dialog box.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHow do I reference a cell in another sheet that will also capture the formatting in that cell (color, font, etc)? =[name]![column row] doesn't do it.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoIn previous versions of Excel (2010) when you had 2 workbooks open, side-by-side (on multiple monitors) and used this nifty feature, you could go back and forth between the workbooks and the info would stay in the status bar even though you were working in a different workbook. Now, in 2013, it seems that as soon as you shift focus to a different workbook, it clears the status bar. Do you know if this is a static "feature" or something that can be turned back on?