How to easily edit name range and the scope in Excel?
Usually, a workbook may include multiple name ranges in it, and in sometimes you have updated the data in the workbook as below screenshot shown, and now you need to reedit the name ranges and change the range scopes, too, how can you quickly solve it in Excel?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
In Excel, you can go to the Name Manager dialog to reedit and change the range scope.
1. Click Formulas > Name Manager. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Name Manager box, select the name range you want to edit from the list, and click Edit button. See screenshot:
3. Then in the Edit Name dialog, you can reedit the Name, and reselect the range scope in the Refers to section. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. And this name range has been reedit successfully. And if you want to other name ranges, just repeat above steps to edit them one by one.
And after finishing editing name ranges, please close the Name Manager dialog.
|Never need to worry about long long formulas in Excel anymore! Kutools for Excel's Auto Text can add all formulas to a group
as auto text, and liberate your brain! Know About Auto Text >Get Free Trial
If you have Kutools for Excel – a handy Excel add-in, you can easily edit name range and change range scope.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Click Kutools > Navigation, and click Name Manager to go to the Name Manager pane. See screenshot:
2. Then you can see all the name ranges in the right section, and you can click at the name range you want to edit, and then edit and change its scope in the button of the pane. See screenshot:
3. And after finishing the edit, click to save it. And now when you click at a name range in the pane, the relative cells are selected as screenshot shown:
With Kutools for Excel’s Navigation, and you can list all name ranges, workbooks, sheets, and find and replace value across workbooks and so on. Click here to know more.
You maybe interested in this:
Navigation pane -- Find and Replace
|Kutools for Excel's advanced Find and Replace function, can help you find and
replace a value across multiple sheets and workbooks.
- How to find named range reference in Excel?
- How to quickly select named range cells in Excel?
- How to search a value in multiple sheets or workbooks in Excel?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...