How to count the number of days or workdays in a month in Excel?
As you know the days in the February of the leap year is 1 day more than the days in normal February. So how to quickly count the number of days or workdays in February of any year in Excel? This article comes up with two workarounds to count the number of days or workdays in any given month easily.
Kutools for Excel provides easy workarounds to quickly count the numbers of all weekends, weekends, or specific day of week in a date range with Count Weekends between two dates formula, Count Weekdays between two dates formula, and Count the number of specific weekdays formula.Read More Free Download Now
This method will introduce formulas to count the number of days in a month based on the given date or given year and month in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell you will place the counting result into, and type the formula =DAY(DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1)+1,)) (B1 is the cell with the given date) into it, and press the Enter key.
And then you will get the total number of days in the specified month based on a given date. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to count the number of days in a month based on given year and month, please apply this formula =DAY(DATE(Given_Year,Geiven_Month+1,0)), such as =DAY(DATE(2015,2+1,0)).
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply its Count weekdays between two dates formula to quickly count the total number of workdays in the month easily.
1. Select a blank cell you will place the counting result in, and click Kutools > Formulas > Count weekdays between two dates. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Formula Helper dialog box, type the first date of specified month into the Start date, type the last date of specified month into the End Date, and click the Ok button.
Note: Please enclose both start date and end date with quotes. See screenshot:
And then the total number of weekdays in the specified month has been counted out and returned into the selected cell.
Note: Kutools for Excel also provides the Count Weekends between two dates formula to quickly count the total number of all weekends in a month. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!