How to count the number of days or workdays in a month in Excel?
As you know the days in the February of the leap year is 1 day more than the days in normal February. So how to quickly count the number of days or workdays in February of any year in Excel? This article comes up with two workarounds to count the number of days or workdays in any given month easily.
Kutools for Excel provides easy workarounds to quickly count the numbers of all weekends, weekends, or specific day of week in a date range with Count Weekends between two dates formula, Count Weekdays between two dates formula, and Count the number of specific weekdays formula.Read More Free Download Now
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
This method will introduce formulas to count the number of days in a month based on the given date or given year and month in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell you will place the counting result into, and type the formula =DAY(DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1)+1,)) (B1 is the cell with the given date) into it, and press the Enter key.
And then you will get the total number of days in the specified month based on a given date. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to count the number of days in a month based on given year and month, please apply this formula =DAY(DATE(Given_Year,Geiven_Month+1,0)), such as =DAY(DATE(2015,2+1,0)).
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply its Count weekdays between two dates formula to quickly count the total number of workdays in the month easily.
1. Select a blank cell you will place the counting result in, and click Kutools > Formulas > Count weekdays between two dates. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Formula Helper dialog box, type the first date of specified month into the Start date, type the last date of specified month into the End Date, and click the Ok button.
Note: Please enclose both start date and end date with quotes. See screenshot:
And then the total number of weekdays in the specified month has been counted out and returned into the selected cell.
Note: Kutools for Excel also provides the Count Weekends between two dates formula to quickly count the total number of all weekends in a month. See screenshot: