How to calculate age on a specific or future date in Excel?
For example, you have a person’s date of birth, if you need to calculate the age of this person based on a future or specific date, the following methods will help you step by step in details.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
As below screenshot shown, cell A2 contains the person’s date of birth, and cell B2 contains the specific or future date you will calculate this person’s age based on, you can apply the following formula to achieve it.
1. Select a blank cell for locating the age, then enter formula =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"y") into the Formula Bar, then press the Enter key.
Note: In the formula, A2 contains the person’s date of birth, B2 is the specific date or future date. You can change them as you need.
Then you will get the person’s age on a specific or future date.
If you don’t want to remember formulas, you can try the Calculate age based on birthday utility of Kutools for Excel. Please do as follows.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select a blank cell for locating the age, then click Kutools > Formulas > Calculate age based on birthday. See screenshot:
2. In the Formula Helper dialog box, select the cell with the date of birth in the Date box, and then click the OK button.
3. Now you are getting the current age of the person. For calculating age on specific or future date, please replace the NOW() with the cell reference which contains the specific or future date in the created formula, see screenshots:
Then the person’s age based on specific or future date is calculated.
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.