How to fill down IP Address with increment in Excel?
Sometimes you may need to assign IP addresses to your colleagues, for example, the range of IP address may range from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.10.1. What can you generate them easily? In fact, the Auto Fill feature does not solve this problem, or you can create them manually by typing them one by one? This vedio will recommend you two methods to fill in IP address with increment in Excel.
If you want to generate the range of IP Address from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.10.1 (the increment number locates in the third octet), the following formula will help you.
1. Select a blank cell (says cell B2), enter the below formula into it and then press the Enter key.
2. Then you can see the first IP Address is created, select this cell, drag its Fill Handle down to the cell until all needed IP Addresses are created.
If the above formulas are hard to remember, the Insert Sequence Number utility of Kutools for Excel can help you easily solve this problem.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Click Kutoos > Insert > Insert Sequence Number. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Sequence Number dialog box, you need to:
3. When you need to create the IP Addresses with increment you specified, please select the range of cells you need to locate the IP Addresses, then select this IP Address rule in the Insert Sequence Number dialog box, and finally click the Fill Range button. See screenshot:
You can also use this utility to generate invoice number as well.
- How to fill column with series repeating pattern numbers in Excel?
- How to fill series of numbers in a filtered list column in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)