How to add days to date or excluding weekends and holidays in Excel?
In this article, I am talking about adding days to a given date excluding weekends and holidays which means to add business days (from Monday to Friday) only in Excel.
To add days excluding weekends, you can do as below:
Select a blank cell and type this formula =WORKDAY(A2,B2), and press Enter key to get result.
Tip: In the formula, A2 is the start date, B2 is the days you want to add.
Now the end date which add 45 business days excluding weekends has been shown.
Note: If the calculated result is a 5-digit number, you can format it to date with clicking Home > Number Format > Short Date. See screenshot:
Easily add days/years/month/hours/minutes/seconds to a datetime in Excel
|Supposing you have a date time format data in a cell, and now you need to add a number of days, years, months, hours, minutes, or seconds to this date. Normally, using formula is the first method for all Excel users, but it’s hard to remember all formulas. With Kutools for Excel’s Date & Time Helper utility, you can easily add days, years, months, or hours, minutes or seconds to a date time, moreover, you can caculate the date difference, or the age based on a given birthday without remembering the formula at all. Click for full-featured free trial in 30 days!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
If you have a range of cells containing the holidays, and now you want to add days excluding weekends and these holidays to a given date, how can you handle it?
Select a blank cell and type this formula =WORKDAY(A2,B2,B4:B6), then press Enter key to get the result. See screenshot:
Tip: In the formula, A2 is the start date, B2 is the days you want to add, and B4:B6 is the holidays you want to exclude.
If you want to add days including weekends and holidays, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Date & Time helper function.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select a cell which place the adding result, click Kutools > Formula Helper > Date & Time helper.
2. In the Date & Time Helper dialog, check Add option (if you want to subtract days, please check Subtract option), then click to select a date cell you use, or you can click to select a date from the calendar, and then type the number of days or years or months, weeks into the textboxes in Enter numbers of select cells which contain values you want to add section.
3. Click OK. Then the result has been calculated, you can drag fill handle over cells which need this formula.
With this helper, you can add x year, y month and z days together at once to a date.
With Kutools for Excel installed, you can count the number of weekends or weekdays only between two given dates.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select a blank cell which you will place the counting result into, and click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper.
2. Then in the poppsing Formula Helper dialog, choose Statistical from Formula Type drop-down list, then click at Number of working days between two dates in Choose a formula section, then go to right part, click to select the start date and end date cells.
3. Click Ok, and only the weekdays between two given dates have been counted out.
Unbelievable! A tool changes the way on editing and browsing multiple Office documents.
Open files in multiple windows
Open files in one tabbed window with Office Tab
- How to count unique/duplicate dates in an Excel column?
- How to quickly split date into separate day, month and year in Excel?
- How to add/subtract weeks to date in Excel?
- How to split date and time from a cell to two separated cells in Excel?