How to round numbers (up/down) to hundreds, thousands, or millions in Excel?
Normally, we apply the ROUND function to specify numbers’ decimal places. But do you know how to round numbers to millions/thousands/hundreds in Excel? There are several tricks to solve it:
We can apply the ROUND function, ROUNDUP function, and ROUNDDOWN function to round numbers up/down to hundreds, thousands, or millions easily in Excel.
For example you need to round numbers to millions, you can select a blank cell beside original number, type the formula =ROUND(A2,-6) (A2 is the number you will round to million) into it, and then drag this cell’s AutoFill Handle to the range as you need. See screenshot:
(1) For rounding numbers to thousands, please apply this formula =ROUND(A2,-3); for rounding numbers to hundreds, please apply this formula =ROUND(A2,-2).
(2) For rounding numbers up to millions, please apply this formula =ROUNDUP(A2,-6); for rounding numbers down to millions, please apply this formula =ROUNDDOWN(A2,-6).
Kutools for Excel provides an easy Round utility to help Excel users batch round numbers without formulas. Please do as follows:
1. Select the numbers you will round, and click Kutools > Round.
2. In the opening Round without Formula dialog box, please enter -6 into the Decimal place box, check one of options in the Option section, and click the Ok button. See screenshot:
Note: For rounding numbers to millions, please type -6 into the Decimal place box; for rounding to thousands, please type -3; for rounding to hundreds, please enter -2.
And then all selected numbers have been rounded based on your configuration, and the rounding results will overwrite the original numbers.
Kutools for Excel also provides another Operation utility to batch round numbers to hundreds, thousands, or millions with or without formulas. Please do as follows:
1. Select the numbers you will round, and click Kutools > More (in the Editing group) > Operation. See screenshot:
2. In the Operation Tools dialog box, please click to highlight the Rounding in the Operation box, type -6 into the box in Operand section, check/uncheck the Create formulas option as you need, and click the Ok button. See screenshot:
Note: For rounding numbers to millions, please type -6 into the box in the Operand section; for rounding to thousands, please type -3; for rounding to hundreds, please enter -2.
And now all selected numbers have been rounded, and the rounding results will overwrite original numbers as below screenshots shown:
If check the Create formulas option:
If uncheck the Create formulas option:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!