How to find most common number or text in a list in Excel?
If you have a list of numbers including some duplicates, and you want to find the number which appears most frequently in this list, except count them one by one, I can introduce some tricks to quickly find the most common number of the list in Excel.
If you just want to find most common number in a list, you can use a simple formula.
Select a blank cell, here is C1, type this formula =MODE(A1:A13), and then press Enter key to get the most common number in the list.
Tip: A1:A13 is the list you want to find most common number form, you can change it to meet your needs.
But if you want to find the most common text in a list, the above formula cannot to help you.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply its Find most common value function to quickly find the most common number or text in a range.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select a blank cell where you want to output the most common value, here is C1, and click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper. See screenshot:
2. In the Formula Helper dialog, choose Find most common value from the left list, then click to select a range you want to find the most common value from. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and then the most common number or text has been found.
In Formula Helper group, there are multiple useful functions can help you handle the daily Excel work, such as calculate age based on birthday, count words in a range, count weekdays/weekends between two dates and so on. Click here to know more.
- How to quickly find or return the second highest or smallest value in Excel?
- How to check or find if a value is in a list in Excel?
- How to find and break external links in Excel?
- How to quickly find and replace in multiple opened Excel files?