How to find or get quarter from a given date in Excel?
Find and get quarter from date by formula
Find and get date/month/year from date by Kutools for Excel
Quickly Split one cell into columns or rows based on delimiter
|In Excel, to split a cell into columns is tedious with the Wizard step by step. But with Kutools for Excel's Split Cells utility, you can: 1,convert one cell into columns or rows based on delimiter; 2,convert string into text and number; 3,convert string based on specific width, with clicks. Click for full-featured 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To get the quarters from the given dates, you can use formula.
1. Select a blank cell which next to the date, here I select C1, and type this formula =ROUNDUP(MONTH(A1)/3,0) into it, then press Enter key to get the relative quarter.
Tip: A1 is the date you need to get quarter from, and you can change it to your need.
If you need, you can drag the autofill handle down to the cells to apply this formula.
Note: You also can use this formula ="Quarter"&ROUNDUP(MONTH(A1)/3,0) to get this result:
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can use the Apply Date Formatting utility to quickly convert date to any date formatting as you need.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. You had better save a copy of the dates first, and then select the dates you want to convert and click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting. See screenshot:
2. In the Apply Date Formatting dialog, select the date formatting you need from the Date formatting list, and you can preview in the Preview pane. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and then the select dates have been converted the date formatting as you need.
Convert to Date Convert to Month Convert to Year
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Excel workbooks/Word documents as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Excel workbooks or Word documents in one Excel window or Word window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs. Click for free 45-day trial of Office Tab!
- How to convert date to fiscal year/quarter/month in Excel?
- How to quickly split date into separate day, month and year in Excel?
- How to convert between date and Unix timestamp in Excel?
- How to convert between Julian date and calendar date in Excel?