- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoYou could always just do =RIGHT(text,2)
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoHi, Melissa Jones, I do not understand you question, could you upload a screenshot on decribing your desire result?
How to find or get quarter from a given date in Excel?
Find and get quarter from date by formula
Find and get date/month/year from date by Kutools for Excel
To get the quarters from the given dates, you can use formula.
1. Select a blank cell which next to the date, here I select C1, and type this formula =ROUNDUP(MONTH(A1)/3,0) into it, then press Enter key to get the relative quarter.
Tip: A1 is the date you need to get quarter from, and you can change it to your need.
If you need, you can drag the autofill handle down to the cells to apply this formula.
You also can use this formula ="Quarter"&ROUNDUP(MONTH(A1)/3,0) to get this You also can use this formula ="Quarter"&ROUNDUP(MONTH(A1)/3,0) to get this result:
Or the shorter formula: =INT((MONTH(A1)/4)+1)
Tip: If you are in trouble with remembering complex formulas, here the Auto Text tool of Kutools for Excel can save all formulas you used in a pane for you, then, you can reuse them in anywhere anytime, what you only need to do is change the references to match your real need. Click for free download it now.
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can use the Apply Date Formatting utility to quickly convert date to any date formatting as you need.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. You had better save a copy of the dates first, and then select the dates you want to convert and click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting. See screenshot:
2. In the Apply Date Formatting dialog, select the date formatting you need from the Date formatting list, and you can preview in the Preview pane. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and then the select dates have been converted the date formatting as you need.
|Original Date||Convert to Date||Convert to Month||Convert to Year|
- How to convert date to fiscal year/quarter/month in Excel?
- How to quickly split date into separate day, month and year in Excel?
- How to convert between date and Unix timestamp in Excel?
- How to convert between Julian date and calendar date in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agohow would I get it to return the quarter in this format 3Q19 where 19 is the year. I can get the 3Q just not sure how to get the year
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoThank you very much, it help me a lot!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHere is a slightly shorter formula:
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoYou may want to check a slightly shorter formula: