How to split or break sentence into words in Excel?
Have you ever tried to split a sentence into separate words, and place each word in a single cell? Here I tell you the tricks to quickly break a sentence into separate cells by words in Excel.
Split Cells (split a cell into multiple columns to multiple rows based on a separator or fixed width.)
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Split sentence into separate words with Text to Column function
There is a function called Text to Columns in Excel which can help you handle it.
1. Select the sentences you want to break into words, and click Data > Text to Columns. See screenshot:
2. In the step 1 of Text to Columns wizard, check Delimited option, and click Next to go on. See screenshot:
3. In the step 2 of the wizard, check Space in the Delimiters section. See screenshot:
4. Click Next to go to the last step of the wizard, and select a cell to place the separate words. See screenshot:
5. Click Finish, and the selected sentences have been broken into words in separate cells.
Split sentence into separate words with Kutools for Excel
With Text to Columns function, the steps of wizard are a little complex, but with Kutools for Excel’s Split Cells utility, the operations will be much easier.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the sentence cells, and click Kutools > Text > Split Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Split Cells dialog, check the split type you need in the Type section, and the check Space in the Split by section. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, select a cell to output the split cells in the popping dialog, and the click OK to finish. See screenshot:
After that, the sentences have been split into separate words.
- How to split date and time from a cell to two separated cells in Excel?
- How to split a long column into multiple columns in Excel?
- How to quickly split date into separate day, month and year in Excel?
You maybe interested in this:
|Kutools for Excel's Transpose Range function can quickly convert column/row to range, and vice versa.|