How to split or break sentence into words in Excel?
Have you ever tried to split a sentence into separate words, and place each word in a single cell? Here I tell you the tricks to quickly break a sentence into separate cells by words in Excel.
There is a function called Text to Columns in Excel which can help you handle it.
1. Select the sentences you want to break into words, and click Data > Text to Columns. See screenshot:
2. In the step 1 of Text to Columns wizard, check Delimited option, and click Next to go on. See screenshot:
3. In the step 2 of the wizard, check Space in the Delimiters section. See screenshot:
4. Click Next to go to the last step of the wizard, and select a cell to place the separate words. See screenshot:
5. Click Finish, and the selected sentences have been broken into words in separate cells.
With Text to Columns function, the steps of wizard are a little complex, but with Kutools for Excel’s Split Cells utility, the operations will be much easier.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the sentence cells, and click Kutools > Merge & Split > Split Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Split Cells dialog, check the split type you need in the Type section, and the check Space in the Split by section. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, select a cell to output the split cells in the popping dialog, and the click OK to finish. See screenshot:
After that, the sentences have been split into separate words.
Quickly transpose range to a column/row/ or vice versa in Excel
|In some cases, you may need to transpose a range of cells into one column or a row, or vice versa, convert a column or a row into multiple rows and columns in Excel sheet. Do you have any quick way to solve it? Here the Transpose Range function in Kutools for Excel can handle all above jobs easily.Click for free full-featured trial in 30 days!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
- How to split date and time from a cell to two separated cells in Excel?
- How to split a long column into multiple columns in Excel?
- How to quickly split date into separate day, month and year in Excel?