We can apply the ROUND function to round a price and make it end with .99 in Excel. Please do as follows:
Select a blank cell besides original price column, says Cell C2, enter the formula =ROUND(A2,0)-0.01 (A2 is the cell with price you will round to x.99) into it, and then drag this cell’s AutoFill handle to the range as you need.
And now all prices are rounded and ends with .99. See screenshot:
Round prices to x.99 with or without formulas
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply its Operation Tools utility to round prices and let them end with .99 with or without formulas in Excel. Please do as follows:
Kutools for Excel - Packed with over 300 essential tools for Excel. Enjoy a full-featured 30-day FREE trial with no credit card required!Download now!
1. Select the prices cells you will round, and click Kutools > More > Operation. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Operation Tools dialog box, please do as follows (see above screenshot):
(1) Select the Custom in the Operation box;
(2) Type =ROUND(?,0)-0.01 into the box of Custom section;
(3) Check or uncheck the Create formulas option as you need;
(4) Click the Ok button.
Now all selected prices are rounded and end with .99. See screenshot:
Kutools for Excel - Supercharge Excel with over 300 essential tools. Enjoy a full-featured 30-day FREE trial with no credit card required!Get It Now
Demo: Round prices to x.99 with or without formulas
Kutools for Excel: Over 300 handy tools at your fingertips! Start your 30-day free trial with no feature limitations today. Download Now!