How to copy horizontal paste vertical or vice versa in Excel?
For example you need to copy a horizontal row and paste as a vertical column in Excel, how do you handle it? What if copying one row horizontally and pasting as multiple columns vertically or vice versa? And what if copying multiple rows horizontally and pasting as one column vertically or vice versa? Below methods will help you:
Copy a row horizontally and paste as a column vertically or vice versa
We can apply Excel’s (Paste) Transpose feature to copy a row horizontally and then paste as a column vertically or vice versa in Excel.
1. Select the row you will copy horizontally, right click and select the Copy from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. Select the first cell of destination column, right click and select the Transpose (T) in the Paste Options section of the right-clicking menu. See below screenshot:
And now the row is copied horizontally and pasted as one column vertically. This (Paste) Transpose feature also supports to copy a column vertically and paste as one row horizontally, too.
Easily copy a table (range) and paste horizontally/vertically in Excel
In Excel you can use the Paste Special > Transpose to convert a column to a row or vice versa. Here, with the amazing Transform Range feature of Kutools for Excel, you can do more: convert a single column to a range, convert a single row to a range, convert a range to a single column, and convert a range to single row in Excel. Full Feature Free Trial 30-day!
Copy a row horizontally and paste as one or multiple columns vertically or vice versa
Sometimes, you may want to copy a row horizontally and paste as several columns vertically in Excel. In this condition, you can try Kutools for Excel’s Transform Range utility.
1. Select the row you will copy horizontally, and click Kutools > Range > Transform Range. See below screenshot:
2. In the opening Transform Range dialog box, please (see above screenshot): (1) Check the Single row to range option in the Transform type section; (2) Check the Fixed value option in the Columns per record section, and type the number of columns you will paste as into the right box. (3) Click the Ok button.
3. And now another Transform Range dialog box comes out. Please specify the first cell of destination range, and click the OK button.
Now the row is copied horizontally and pasted as several columns vertically. See below screenshot:
Note: For copying a column vertically and pasting as one or multiple rows horizontally, please do as below screenshot shown:
Copy multiple rows horizontally and paste as one column vertically or vice versa
Kutools for Excel’s Transform Range utility also supports to copy multiple rows horizontally and then paste as one column vertically, or copy multiple columns vertically and then paste as one row horizontally.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.