How to increment number every x rows in Excel?
Normally, we can fill sequential numbers in a column with Fill Handle, but have you ever tried to fill a column with increment number every x rows? For example, first five rows fill the number 1, on the 6th row the value will become 2, then on the 11th row the value will become 3 and so on as following screenshot shown, to solve this problem, this article may do you a favor.
The following simple formula can help you to quickly fill the column with increment numbers every x rows as you want, please do as follows:
1. Enter this formula: =INT((ROW(E1)-1)/5)+1 into a blank cell where you want to fill the sequential numbers, see screenshot:
Note: In the above formula, the number 5 indicates to increment the numbers every 5 rows, you can change it to your need.
2. Then drag the fill handle down to the cells which you want to fill the increment numbers, and the numbers have been inserted with increment by 1 after every 5 rows, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!