How to increment number every x rows in Excel?
Normally, we can fill sequential numbers in a column with Fill Handle, but have you ever tried to fill a column with increment number every x rows? For example, first five rows fill the number 1, on the 6th row the value will become 2, then on the 11th row the value will become 3 and so on as following screenshot shown, to solve this problem, this article may do you a favor.
The following simple formula can help you to quickly fill the column with increment numbers every x rows as you want, please do as follows:
1. Enter this formula: =INT((ROW(E1)-1)/5)+1 into a blank cell where you want to fill the sequential numbers, see screenshot:
Note: In the above formula, the number 5 indicates to increment the numbers every 5 rows, you can change it to your need.
2. Then drag the fill handle down to the cells which you want to fill the increment numbers, and the numbers have been inserted with increment by 1 after every 5 rows, see screenshot:
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoHow could you do this with workday instead of numbers?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoHow could you do this with columns? Dragging formula horizontally instead of vertically. Thank you.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoHi, Matt,
To solve your problem, please apply the below formula:
Please try, hope it can help you!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI am mac user How Increment Alphanumeric String By 2 Or More For A Column With Formula?Like that TEI-0001.jpg
I use dogs.google
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoUnfortunately Google Dogs only supports functions sit, stay, fetch, and rollover.