How to count cells containing numbers or not in Excel?
If there are a range of cells, some are containing numbers, and the other containing text, how can you count the cells containing numbers or not quickly in Excel?
Here are some formulas can count cells containing numbers or not.
Select a blank cell and type this formula =COUNT(A1:B7) (A1:B7 is the cell range you want to count cells containing numbers), and press Enter key to get the correct result. See screenshots:
Tip: If you want to count all cells not containing number, you can use this formula =SUMPRODUCT(--NOT(ISNUMBER(A1:B7))), which will return the total number of cells with text and blank cells; for only counting the cells with text, please apply this formula =COUNTA(A1:B7)-COUNT(A1:B7).
To sum the numbers in a range may be easy for most Excel users, but have you ever confused with the problem that sum all numbers in a single cell? In other words, if a cell contains number 1234, you need to sum the number “1+2+3+4”, and get “10”. Here with Kutools for Excel’s Formulas group, there is one formula can help you.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select a blank cell where you will place the result, and then click Kutools > Formula Helper > Math & Trig > Sum numbers in a cell. See screenshot:
2. In the Formula Helper dialog, select the cell you want to sum the numbers to the Cell box. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, the numbers in the relative cell have been summed.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!